G'day again. The two books I was talking about at the meeting were 'Toad Rage and Toad Heaven. They are both by Morris Gleitzman.
I also would recommend the 'Tomorrow' series by John Marsden, another Australian author who lived about an hour from my house and ran writing retreats for teachers and students. These books are more suited to middle school students because of some of the language in a couple of them. However, if you are careful, read the book first, and make some minor adjustments I think you could manage in the older grades. Anyway, I think that as readers of youth fiction, you guys might just like to read them for your own enjoyment. I think that they're brilliant.
Thanks again,
Neil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My son trachers sixth grad in the Bronx....would these books be appropriate. He always looking fo things.
Post a Comment